Antique and Vintage items are a final sale. All custom ordered furniture, lighting and bedding are also final sale. Because these items are made to order and/or purchased from a wholesaler just for you, special order pieces are not returnable or refundable. Custom orders include (but are not limited to) any furniture item, antique or reproduction, Mirrors, all new Linen Placemats and Napkin items, all Bedding items, and all new Chandeliers, Lamps and Shades. If you are not sure if what you are ordering is considered custom, please contact us to verify.Furniture, Light Fixtures & Mirrors:Lead Times: FrenchGardenHouse does everything possible to have your furniture delivered in a timely and safe manner. However, at times circumstances can arise beyond our control that may result in a delay in the production, or the delivery of your items. We do our best to give accurate lead times for our furniture but estimated lead times are never a guarantee of a specific delivery date.Please call us or email us as the estimated delivery time of your order approaches so we can follow up to give you a more specific idea of your ship date at that time. Shipping time for freight items (furniture ) is approximately 2 - 6 weeks from the time that the items are picked up from our manufacturer.Finish: Our reproduction furniture is made of Beechwood, natural wood skillfully hand carved and constructed by traditional Mortis & Tenon joinery. The furniture pieces are constructed without bolts or mechanical processes. Paint finishes are applied by hand and then artistically rubbed back to resemble a smooth natural wear & tear finish. An oil based stain is used to seal and age the water-based paint finish. All of these steps ensure that our pieces are all individual, and will age to be the antiques of tomorrow.No two pieces of wood will ever be exactly the same. Wood responds to fluctuations in humidity levels (just like hardwood flooring), furniture can expand and contract over time depending on the climate. Please note that the degree of humidity or dryness in your home may cause splitting which will not affect the structural integrity of the piece and is not to be considered a defect. Irregularities in the finishes are not to be considered defects, all furniture pieces are carefully inspected for quality.Freight Shipping for Furniture and Oversized Items: Furniture and larger items ship via freight carrier. You can arrange the shipping yourself with Plycon Vanlines or other commercial shipper, or we will be happy to be assist you in getting a shipping quote. The shipper is responsible for delivering your pieces in good condition, if there is a damage, they will either repair, replace, or refund. FrenchGardenHouse can't be responsible for damages during shipping, but we will do our utmost best to assist you in making a claim with the shipping company if we arrange the shipping for you. Most carriers schedule deliveries Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Freight companies will contact you a few days prior to the delivery to schedule a delivery date and time frame (usually in 2-4 hour blocks) convenient for you. Freight items can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
You will be charged a delivery trip fee if your scheduled appointment is missed. Someone must be at home to accept/inspect delivery, so please be sure a responsible adult will be home. Although our suppliers take great care in packaging their goods for shipping, damages may occur in transit.
Please inspect your furniture carefully BEFORE you sign off on the delivery, paying carefull attention to all feet and legs, unwrapping the plastic on each piece. If the furniture has any defects DO NOT sign for the items. Contact us immediately while the trucking company is there so that we may best help you discuss the best way to handle the situation. If you are not able to get in contact with us, please either refuse the delivery or note the damages and status of the packaging materials on the bill of lading before signing for the delivery. FrenchGardenHouse will be unable to assist you in the replacement of damaged goods or reimbursement if the above procedures are not followed. In case the shipper damages your item, we will do our utmost best to help coordinate repairs with the shipper, this is why all furniture shipments must have shipping insurance. The freight company reserves the right to have the piece repaired and brought back to the manufacturer for a repair/rebuild.
If you need to reschedule the delivery with the carrier, please contact them as soon as possible so as not to incur any charges for missed delivery appointments.
Receiving the Incorrect Item: If for any reason your custom furniture piece does not arrive with the correct size specifications you selected when ordering, FrenchGardenHouse reserves the right to have the item or items replaced and reshipped at no additional charge to you. Please contact us immediately if this happens so that we can get the replacement sheduled for you soon as possible.
Receiving a Damaged Item: When your piece is delivered, please take time to inspect all freight shipped furniture items, light fixtures and mirrors carefully for any damage that may have occurred in transit and contact us immediately. Claims against damaged items must be made within 48 Hours. Claims made after 48 Hours cannot be accepted. Furniture items must be carefully inspected before you sign for the delivery.
To make a successful damage claim:
- If your order includes Premium Delivery and you are able to inspect the items while the freight company is still there, call us immediately. If you are not able to get in contact with us for any reason, you may either refuse the delivery or note the damages and condition of the packing materials on the bill of lading before signing for the delivery. If your order includes Standard Delivery and you are not able to inspect the items completely before the delivery driver leaves, you have 48 hours to notify us.
- Take photos of the damage to the items and also the packing materials.
- Please Email photos and a written description of the damage to us.
- If the damage is minor, you may accept delivery with the damage noted on the bill of lading. Depending on the situation, either a touch up kit will be sent to you or a professional furniture medic will be arranged to repair the damage. If you choose to accept a damaged item, please retain all packaging to assist in the claim with the freight company.
- If the damage is major, you may refuse delivery. The freight company reserves the right to have the piece repaired and brought back to the manufacturer for a repair/rebuild. If the freight carrier determines the piece cannot be repaired, you have the right to be reimbursed for your purchase or have another piece rushed at no additional charge and shipped out to you as soon as possible.
- In case the ship to address is not accessible by regular delivery truck, the customer will be responsible for all additional delivery charges, i.e. ferry fees. Please contact us to make FrenchGardenHouse aware of any special delivery requirements that must be taken for the item to reach the final destination.
We know that you will be more than pleased with the pieces you buy from us! We are excited to help you make your house your Home.